Sunday 27 January 2013

Sunday Stitchings ~WIPocalypse 2013 January Round Up

This year I joined the WIPocalypse SAL set up by Measi, the idea following on from last year which was to stitch as much as possible before the supposed end of the world in December 2012. Since the end of the world didn't happen now is the time to finish off all those WIP's we didn't think we'd have to worry about!

Being something of a 'serial starter' this appealed to me in a big way so I decided to join in the fun!

My WIP's can be found on the WIPocalypse page or by clicking here. All my WIP's are listed oldest to newest and I will add to it as the year progresses, I wondered whether or not to remove finished WIP's but then decided to simply strike through them as they are finished and note the dates so I can see just how long they've taken.

This month I decided to work on some of my Crazy January Challenge pieces from last year because they also (loosly) fitted in with the Theme-a-licious SAL set up by Heather theme for January.

  • Snowman 10
  • Nose Garden
  • Dandy Dreams
So far I've finished both Snowman 10 & Nose Garden, links to which can been found in the right sidebar under happy dances. I'm hoping Dandy Dreams will be finished this week!

I am also hoping to start something new this week, this little kit by Dimensions.
I've had it in my stash for a while now and I realised last week that it'll tie in perfectly with Jardin January (unlike my snowmen finishes so far this month!)

It's actually a really nice kit as it comes complete with the mount & glass clip frame to finish it afterwards.

I'll also be looking for something quick and probably coffee/caffine related to stitch/make for my friends birthday at the start of February. I knit her a 'mug hug' for Christmas & I gave her a Cath Kidson mug last year so maybe a coaster this year?? I don't know, I'm sure Pinterest will give me some ideas!!


Till next time, happy stitching
xX Fiona Xx

2 comments:

Cleejoow said...

what a lovely little kit :) can't wait to see it finished... I know Rhona Norrie has some great card designs for coffee lovers, I stitched them into coasters once. Her blog (and one of the designs) can be found here http://tangledthreadsstitching.blogspot.be/2012/01/so-far-so-good.html

Michelle said...

Aww lovely kit x