Tuesday 6 March 2012

February round up!

Lol if I don't post this now then it'll be the middle of March before I do, for some reason February got away from me towards the end & I didn't really get much stitching done despite being off work.

I did manage to finish Lil Valentine as well as 2 of my crazy challenges. Dog Leave Pawprints by Lizzie Kate & Darcy Day by The Sampler Girl. I also managed to finish the sky on Super Mario which means that after using 4.5 skeins I no longer have to use DMC 739 in this design!! (and I'll be avoiding any designs that use it for a while!!)

Theme for Feb was FanGirls, I dedicated this month to Lizzie Kate & started my Green Flip-its Series and managed to finish Save Water. March's theme is March Maddness, we are supposed to be working on something different everyday, seeing as I did something similar in January with the Crazy Challenge, I've deciced to do my maddness a little differently. I plan to stitch one all my large projects for the year in March & maybe try one or two new crafts/techniques :)

TUSAL saw new threads added from all the projects mentioned above, I was actually quite supprised at how full it looks already (I keep it hidden behind a cushion on my sewing display table so that I can't see how full it is, I like to be supprised!)

Speaking of supprises, February also saw me turn 24. I received some womderful presents from my family & a few of the girls at work, 2 of my closest friends supprised me on the day by showing up with 24 cupcakes (individually wrapped in wrapping paper!) and silly toys to make me smile. I also received some lovely gifts from my stitching friends. I won Bekca's birthday giveaway for Feb, she sent me some wonderful blue stitching gifts (aida, thread, ribbon & needles) and a stunning Lizzie Kate Tea themed flat orny. Michelle sent me a fab cupcake pincushion kit, a wodden love heart orny & some pink fabric (i think it's evenweave but I need to check!) Thank you to you both, I love everything!!

March Goals are pretty simple:
  • work on super mario
  • try a punch needle kit
  • L*K Halloween Rules x3
  • L*K 6 Fat Men x2
  • Finish a Crazy Start
  • Finish my scarf
I think that's everything, I do have photos of all these things but seem to have misplaced my camera cable again... need to have a bit of a tidy up now I'm back at work & I'll get the photos uploaded ASAP :)

Till next time, happy stitching
xX Fiona Xx

    1 comment:

    Lesleyanne said...

    Sounds like you have been very busy. Can't wait to see your progress pictures. Happy belated birthday. Look forward to seeing your March stitching.