Saturday, 17 March 2012

Spooky Stitching

finally got started on Lizzie Kate's Halloween Rules this month, I've been working on it in the evenings for the last two weeks (in between pokemon sessions on the DS....) and honestly although I am loving the design I am nowhere near as far along as I should be by now.

Besides being distracted by Pokemon on the DS I also didn't plan on not being able to read the border chart once I'd printed it. The PDF file on the website has been set up so that the header prints portait on the paper rather than landscape, this means that all the symbols are tiny and look virtually the same as one I decided to stitch it from my laptop screen....this meant I couldn't stitch for too long without my eyes starting to feel the strain of screen glare. So I'd only stitched the tree and the arch in a week. Eventually I realised I could get the chart to fill my laptop screen then 'print screen' to get the desktop saved as an image, crop it down to just the chart and then print the image. That was two days ago and since then I've done everything else you can see in the picture below, (the word halloween and the pumpkin!)

Hoping to get the first rule done by Monday but giving that I'm working all weekend and have possible plans for tomorrow night it's not looking too likely...

Happy St Patrick's Day!!!

xX Fiona Xx


Lesleyanne said...

Great new start. Glad you managed to sort the chart problems out.

Michelle said...

Happy Sy Patricks Day also - lovely stitching x