Monday 2 January 2012

Crazy January Challenge Day 1

So today was the first day of the Crazy January Challenge (CJC) and as I was working I decided to take my start for today into work with me so I could get started during my lunch break. Seemed simple enough as the chart, threads and fabric had already been kitted up all I needed was my hoop, scissors and I was set...that was of course until it came tomy lunch break and I realised I'd forgotten the most important part of my stitching kit...the needle...DOH!!

Despite my grandparents coming over to spend new year's with my parents and my friend popping round for a few hours this evening I have managed to put needle, thread and fabric together on JBW Design's Alphabet Pumpkin and this is as far as I got before stopping for the night:


It's stitched on brown cloud 16ct aida using the recommended sampler threads. The design actually only uses 3 colours and I've finished 2 of those today, the lettering that makes up the main body of the pumpkin is all stitched using a single colour.

Tomorrow I will be stitching Lizzie Kate's Good Things.

Happy Stitching
xX Fiona Xx

2 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Happy New Year. Great new start.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely first start for the Crazy Challenge.