Thursday 25 April 2013

WIP Wednesday

quick post tonight to talk about my WIP's this week, normally I would type for hours but my acid reflux is really playing up tonight and I'm in agony but can't lie down to sleep as it makes it worse :(

So what have I been working on this week so far?

I started a dress pattern after watching 'the great british sewing bee'

I'm doing dress A circled on the model but I'm doing the shorter length circled underneath. The skirt & bodice are being sewn in the striped floral fabric and the midriff band and straps are being done in plain black.


So far this pattern has been a nightmare, I haven't made a piece of clothing since I was 15 and doing my GCSE in textiles at School so pattern reading isn't my strongest point but even my mum agreed that the pattern is very poorly written so as you can expect the sewing is taking forever!

I've been happily hooking away on my new project, using all these scrummy colours

 
I took my colour scheme from a few pictures of sea glass I found on google images, I've been wanting to hook up my own crochet blanket for ages now (I've been buying yarn since last year!!) but I've always changed my mind about patterns. I originally wanted to use Attic24's summy garden granny sqaure pattern but then I found a different one in a pattern book, then I saw several nice designs on pintrest but none really jumped out at me. Fast forward to Monday evening and during a bloghopping session I ended up at Annie's Place and found this design
and it was instant love, I love the different sizes used and the overall effect it gives of being random while still having a pattern to follow with regards to the layout. Needless to say I started hooking straight away and here's my progress as of last night.
I've since done another large sqaure, I'm using the join-as-you-go method as described on Attic24 so it's really shaping up quickly, if you weave in the ends of each square as you join it then it's even better!!

Dandy Dreams has had a little more work done as well, the wording is almost complete!!

And that's it for my progress report this week, Needles and Natter tomorrow and if Ali is there then hopefully I'll be learning how to begin knitting socks on DPN's, if she's not then I'll be hooking up more of my blanket :)

Till next time, happy stitching
xX Fiona Xx



No comments: