Sunday 12 August 2012

Sunday Stitching update.

Not much crafty happened this week, I think after my finishing frenzy last week my bugs disappeared for a well deserved break ;) hopefully they will come scurrying back next week as I have an exchange piece to finish!!

I popped along to Needles & Natter again on Thursday, met some more lovely crafty people and enjoyed a few cups of tea and....I learnt to crochet!! Only the basics so far, I can make chains and join my chain to form rows.

I was super excited and popped into my local wool shop on the way home for some scrap yarns to play with & keep practising. Soon got bored making rows and rows and rows though so went on youtube to find out about Granny Squares. One of the main reasons I wanted to learn to crochet in the first place is because I found this lovely Granny Squares Throw pattern on Ravelry from Attic24.

I am a great admirer of Attic24, as are many of the ladies from Needles & Natter, we had great fun discussing our favourite patterns she's produced. Mine are Summer Garden Granny Squares Throw, Ripple Throw & Crochet Bag and I'm hoping to make all three...

Anyway, the tutorial Lucy of Attic24 has written for Summer Garden Granny Squares seemed simple enough that even a total newbie like me understood them, I did struggle with connecting my chain to form a ring and where to go from there (hense youtube) but other than that I did manage to make a square!! I fudged my trebles and I know exactly what I did wrong now but I still ended up with somethign that was almost square & certainly looked like a granny square!!

I will upload pics of my crochet endevours soon!

I also managed to stitch half of my next halloween rule, still 4 months behind though, will have to get back to it after my Alice exchange pieces are done!!

xX Fiona Xx

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Looking forward to seeing your Crochet pictures Fiona x

Elisa said...

crochet is addictive Fiona, I only started a few months ago and am hooked...pardon the pun! Lucy at Attic24 inspired me too!

Lesleyanne said...

Look forward to seeing your crochet pictures.

stitchersanon said...

Well done: I never managed to suss crotchet so whatever your efforts, they will be better than mine lol

Emma said...

Crocheting is fun, isn't it? Would love to see your granny squares soon! Wouldn't you like to learn how to make amigurumi? Can't wait to see your Alice in Wonderland piece either!

Portal do Ponto Cruz said...

Hi there!

I'm here to inviting you to meet my cross stitch blog "Portal do Ponto Cruz". It's originary from Brazil but you can translate it online and many stuff speaks for itself! =)
Joy it in! www.portaldopontovruz.blogspot.com.br