Wednesday 6 January 2010

New Stitching Aim for 2010!!!

I have a new aim to add to my list of things to achieve in 2010! I have never ever used evenweave before and this year I want to do at leave one project on evenweave. This has come about because I recieved 2 Margaret Sherry kits for christmas and both of them contain stradled stitches (again something I have never attempted before) and I would really like to stitch them but the instructions state that stradled stitches are simplier to work on evenweave. Any tips that anyone can give me re. Evenweave would be muchly appreciated!!

4 comments:

Branlaadee said...

I love evenweave fabrics. What do you stitch on now?

stitchersanon said...

Evenweave is fine. You will need a stitching frame of some sort and good light...and that is it.
It is just the same as aida except the holes are smaller and you usually stitch over two threads. It makes fractional stitches soooo much easer than trying to stab the middle of aida!

Terri said...

I've also said that I'd like to try evenweave at some point this year - although I don't have the incentive of a Margaret Sherry kit! I hate fractional stitches on aida so hopefully I'll put aside my fear and get going with it -- good luck!

Tammy said...

Fiona, if you are going from aida to linen/evenweave, the only advice I have is to enjoy! You will love it. Take your time and don't rush.