Wednesday 29 December 2010

Bit belated but Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone had a lovely time over the holiday period! (some of us had to be back at work on Boxing Day for the sales) We spent Christmas Day at my little brother's house in Coventry with his girlfriend and her family. Lots of fun, food and toy story 3! (and 3 hours of Wii Party!)

Everyone loved their stitched gifts, even my mum, who's present was sewn together at the last minute and bled on just a little bit...stupid pins. However she's pretty sure she can get the small stain out and if not I'm going to cover it with some ribbon or something.

Recieved some lovely stitchy gifts from mum and dad, a new sewing box and some new kits, aida & bobbins which I've been desperate for! LOL. My brother's gift was sweet, a lovely retro print pincushion shaped like an apple. Was just cute until I read the box 'not suitable for children as fuctioning sharp points are included'



'fuctioning sharp points' AKA 'pins' I laughed so much I was crying!!!

Also received some lovely handmade stuff from my mum. A bag charm with a little shoe, mobile phone and music note charms on and a gorgeous Amethyst necklace. This is the first bit of Amethyst jewellery I have ever received and I love it because not only do I love purple but Amethyst is also my birthstone.


2 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

Lovely gifts received.

Belinda said...

Merry Christmas, lots of lovely stitchy gifts!! I love your Mum's pillow, very sweet.