Thursday 11 September 2008

Moving on...

Since I stitched the stitching fairy a couple of days ago, I decided to do the rest of the series of 'housework fairies' from May 1998's issue of Quick & Easy cross stitch. It consists of 'the ironing fairy' 'The weary fairy' 'The dusting fairy' & 'the hoovering fairy'. Back when i first saw these designs in 1998 ( i was 10 at the time!) I came up with a 5th fairy 'the laundry fairy' but never put my design down on paper, until today!! I spent the best part of this evening trying to put the chart together in a way that was original but still looked like it was part of the set and I think I have successfully managed it. Only way to know for sure is to stitch it! I am very excited about it though as it is the first chart I have ever designed myself!!

No comments: