Sunday 20 September 2009

Sandown Park Stitchy Show...

was not as good as it has been previously, although I do enjoy papercrafting & jewellery making etc my main hobby is cross stitch so I was rather disappointed to see far fewer cross stitch stalls than usual. However that aside, I had a very nice day out with my mum. Bought some lovely new stash including:
Some lovely new aida's from the sew-it-all stand & some more DMC threads to finish a birth sampler for my boss & my nan's xmas present. Also bought myself some kits I have been after for a while as they had been reduced. The Margaret Sherry 'Stitch in time' kit was a bit of an indulgence as was the 'Tiddles' kit but the Humphrey's Corner kits were only £2.99 each and I love the one called 'Baby Talk' mostly because Baby Jack is holding the phone upside down!
Also decided to indulge my jewellery making urge and bought some lush new beads and some really nice elephant charms for £1. Most people know I love the Margaret Sherry cross stitch designs but I also love MS rubber stamps, stickers, etc so I was very happy to find these stitcker sheets for £1.50 each! I just love the little mice & hedgehogs!
Also bought some ATC card blanks & clear detail stamps as I plan on making ATC's next year but my favourite bargain of the day was completely free! Faye Whitaker was there signing copies of the all our yesterdays book by david & charles which I already own. I explained this to her as I love her work as does my mum so she signed one of her prints for me for nothing!!
Needless to say I was speechless & had to give her a hug! She was so friendly! I framed it as soon as I got home and as soon as the craft room is sorted out it will have pride of place on the wall! Faye was also unveiling the new All Our Yesterdays designs and I have to say I love them!!
All in all, we had a nice time and got to meet one of my favourite designers!!
Hope everybody had a nice weekend & Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

CindyMae said...

Sounds like a great time! Great new stash and goodies!!